For business owners who are on a budget. What if you have to choose between applying a trademark for a word mark or logo?
Word mark eg. ADIDAS, TOYOTA
- Prevent similar mark that sounds alike. eg. Sony can prevent Suny in the market.
- Can be used for any logo. eg. Coca-cola logo has evolved over 100 years but the Coca-cola word remains as the brand.
- Can't prevent logos that look similar
- Protects logo that look similar and may extend protection to words in logo
- Cost effective way to protect both word and logo
- Protection is limited to the appearance of logo. Can't be used for evolution of new logo. Hence new logo are treated as separate and new mark.
Post a Comment