Authors of creative work in Malaysia, rejoice! MyIPO has launched a voluntary copyright notification system for authors to submit their work, today 1 June 2012. The voluntary copyright notification system will allow authors to claim authorship over literary and artistic works which can be affixed to a physical or digital media. The list of work which can be submitted, which is not exhaustive include:
- novels, stories, books, pamphlets, manuscripts, poetical works
- plays, dramas, stage directions, film scenarios, scripts, choreographic works
- treatises, historical works, biographies, essays, articles, encyclopaedias, dictionaries
- computer programs, website, database, PowerPoint presentation
- graphic, photograph, sculpture, collage, work of architecture, work of craftsmanship
- musical works
- sound recordings
By allowing authors to claim a creative work as their original work, the authors may approach prospective clients with proof that the work is original. It is believed that this system will facilitate more transparency and credible transaction.
Most of the works may be submitted as it is, but special care must be exercised for audio visual work, computer programs, website and database.
The Regulations for forming a Copyright Licensing Body is also launched on the same day.
Post a Comment